LIMITED DOOR AND FRAME WARRANTY
Edgewater FRP Door warrants that all doors sold under this warranty (except those expressly excluded from this warranty), will provide satisfactory performance (as defined below) for their normal recommended use for the time periods listed below:
Warranty: Fiberglass doors and frames are warranted for the life of the initial installation against failure due to corrosion, and for a period of ten (10) years from the date of the initial installation against failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. The foregoing warranty commences on the date of the substantial completion of the initial installation.
Edgewater FRP Door will have no liability under this warranty unless the doors and frames have been handled, stored, finished, installed and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. This warranty does not extend to failure caused by physical abuse, misuse, or improper installation.
Doors and frames which do not exceed the following dimensional tolerances will not be considered to be defective:
1. Telegraphing: Stile, rail and core show-through is not considered a defect unless the faces of the doors vary from a true plane in excess of 1/100" in any three inch span.
2. Size tolerance: thickness +/- 1/16", length +/- 1/16", standard width +/- 1/16", pre-fit width +/- 1/32".
3. Factory hardware preparation tolerance: +/- 1/32" on hinge preparation cutouts, + 1/32" minus 0 on lock front preparation cutouts.
4. Square tolerance: diagonal measurement difference will not exceed 1/16".
5. Warp: Is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the door in relation to the frame or jamb in which it is installed. Warp is not considered a defect unless it exceeds ¼" in the plane of the door itself. Warp is measured by placing a straightedge on the concave face and determining the maximum distance from the straightedge to the door face. For doors 1-3/4" or thicker, warp will not exceed ¼" in doors 3/6 x 7/0 or smaller, nor will it exceed ¼" in any 3/6 x 7/0 section of larger doors. For doors 1-3/8" in thickness, warp will not exceed ¼" in 3/0 x 7/0 or smaller.
The following items are expressly excluded from this warranty:
1. The appearance of field finished doors and frames.
2. Unsatisfactory appearance or service caused by failure to follow recommended storage, handling, finishing, installation and maintenance instructions.
3. The warranty against warp will not apply to the following:
A. Doors with dissimilar face materials, such as smooth on one side textured on the other.
B. Doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely, or doors hung in improperly installed frames.
C. Doors that have lite and/or louver cutout area exceeding 40% of the door surface area, or 50% of door height.
D. Exterior doors which have a polyurethane core and are finished with a dark color.
4. Doors with lite or louver closer than five inches to the door edge or doors with less than five inches between cutouts for lites, louvers, locks, closers, and/or other hardware cutouts.
5. Hardware items manufactured by others and supplied by Edgewater FRP Door are covered by manufacturers warranty.
6. Hairline splits in the resin welded frame face seams are not considered a defect.
Because there can be no factory supervision of delivery and jobsite handling, Edgewater FRP Door cannot be responsible for products damaged during shipping or at the jobsite. All claims of shipping damage must be noted on the bill of lading, followed by immediate notification to a factory representative. A reasonable amount of time must be given for inspection and follow-up action. If an Edgewater FRP Door product becomes defective, Edgewater FRP Door will at its option either: (1) repair the defective product; (2) replace with a comparable product in the same state of fitting and/or finishing as was originally supplied; (3) issue a cash refund not to exceed the delivered purchase price of the original product. Edgewater FRP Door shall not be liable for products repaired or replaced without prior written consent. Action on any claim for warp or telegraphing may be deferred at the option of Edgewater FRP Door for a period not to exceed 12 months from the date of claim being made, as the door must remain in the original installation during the period of deferment to permit conditioning to humidity and temperature. Factory finishes will be warranted for a period of one (1) year only. The foregoing warranty is in lieu of all other expressed or implied warranties of any kind, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use. The responsibility of Edgewater FRP Door with respect to any door frame subject to this warranty shall be as stated above. Edgewater FRP Door shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or other damages of any kind whether based upon breach of contract, warranty, negligence, strict liability or product liability.